BENEFITS OF WRITING PATENT-PENDING
It is not unknown that sometimes the Patent registration can take years, one way to exploit
the Patent investment instantly is to notify that you have applied for a Patent. The same is
done by writing Patent Pending, which is an expression that is written on the product,
website, etc. which informs people that you have applied for a Patent.
The invention becomes "Patent-pending", once you submit the application for Patent
registration, thus allowing you to depict your invention to others as the same until the Patent
BENEFITS OF WRITING PATENT PENDING
It has numerous benefits as:
- It can be used as a marketing tool indicating that your product is ingenious and that
your organisation is innovative.
- It can also be used to keep potential competitors at bay as a “Patent pending”
notification will alert the competitors that copying could land them in serious trouble.
- Having a Patent pending status before meeting with potential licensees or investors
reduces the risk of your idea being stolen and used by them, as they would be
subjecting themselves to the risk of infringement.
- Moreover, Patent pending is vital for both licensees and investors to take any action,
as both of them will be willing to invest if they see the economic potential which in
turn is ensured if there is exclusive right and monopoly over the invention.
- In cases where the Patent pending is achieved by applying a provisional application, it
secures your priority date and lets you take appropriate decisions regarding of the fate
the application, as it lets you conduct extensive research and determine the actual
worth of your invention without worrying about it being stolen.
Thus, writing Patent-pending can be beneficial in a lot of ways and should be effectively
utilised by the applicant.